What sort of problem is an anorectal abscess?

In brief: Infection
An anorectal or perirectal abscess is a painful infection under the skin near the anal opening.
Sometimes there can be redness and painful swelling near the anus. Antibiotics may help, and often surgery is needed to open and drain out the infection. Untreated, the infection can enlarge or spread into deeper tissues.

In brief: Infection
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
Anorectal abscess (also known as an anal/rectal abscess, or perianal/perirectal abscess ) is an abscess adjacent to the anus.
[1] it arises from an infection at one of the anal crypts of morgagni which leads to inflammation and abscess formation. Most cases of perianal abscesses are sporadic, though there are certain situations which elevate the risk for developing the disease, such as diabetes mel.

In brief: Let me explain
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine