What sort of problem is allergic conjunctivitis?

Allergic conjunctivi. Allergic conjunctivitis is inflammation of the coonjunctival tissues that covers the whites of the eyes and under the lids, due to a reaction from allergy-causing substances such as pollen and dander. Histamine is released, conjunctiva become swollen and red. Patients experience itching, burning, tearing, redness, puffy eyelids, and stringy discharge. Runs in families. Seasonal affect.
Common. Typically normal vision with itchy red eyes and some watery discharge (tearing). Can be severe however. Thus if not helped with over the counter drops like ketotifen for itching or lubrication/cold compresses, should be examined further by an eye specialist.
Common. Conjunctivitis is inflammation of the surface of the eye. Allergic conjunctivitis is when airborne allergens are the source of this inflammation. Allergic conjunctivitis is characterized by itching, swelling, redness and tearing. In most instances this is readily treatable with eyedrops. See your eye doctor to make sure your symptoms are from allergy and not some other cause of conjunctivitis.