Could you tell me what are side effects of being put under general anesthesia?

Dr. Julian Goldman
Anesthesiology

In brief: Varied

When we discuss possible side effects we may group them into "more likely", "less likely", and "rare" and personalize the information for the patient's health issues and procedure.
Example list: nausea, vomiting, sore throat, tooth damage, inadequate post-op pain relief, allergies or other reaction to medication ranging from minor to severe, heart rhythm problems, urinary retention, etc.

In brief: Varied

Dr. Julian Goldman
Dr. Julian Goldman
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Nausea and vomiting

Modern anesthesia is very safe.
I tell my patients that it is more dangerous to drive from the hospital to have the surgery than to get an anesthetic. The side effects that most patients experience revolve around nausea and vomiting in the immediate post-operative period.

In brief: Nausea and vomiting

Modern anesthesia is very safe.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Eric Weisman