What sort of problem is adhesive capsulitis of shoulder (frozen shoulder)?

Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Self-limited
Adhesive capsulitis/frozen shoulder is usually a self-limited process that goes through three phases.
I-the inflammatory phase which can be quite painfull. Treatment includes nsaids, coricosteroid injections and avoidance of provacative activity. Ii-frozen phase. Less pain marked by loss of night pain. Treatment begin physical therapy. Iii-thawing phase. Motion returns.

In brief: Self-limited
Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Shoulder pain stiffn
Sjpilderpaon and stiffness inflamation of shoulder joint capsule resolves on its owmonabouta year.

In brief: Shoulder pain stiffn
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Chintan Sampat
Adhesive Capsulitis is commonly called "frozen shoulder" and basically is stiffness and decreased range of motion of the shoulder. It can be due a variety of issues but commonly after a fall, injury, etc.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
In frozen shoulder, the smooth tissues of the shoulder capsule become thick, stiff, and inflamed.
Resulting in limited range of motion frozen shoulder generally gets better over time, although it may take up to 3 years. The focus of treatment is to control pain and restore motion and strength through physical therapy. And may need to move the shoulder under anesthesia.

In brief: Let me explain
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Inflamed shoulder
Adhesive capsulitis is an inflammatory shrinkage of the shoulder capsule that limits motion and causes pain.
We do not know what causes this process to start. It will resolve without treatment is in 2-5 years, but you should seek treatment of steroid injections and pt. If that fails to help after 6 months, you are a candidate for an arthroscopic capsular release.

In brief: Inflamed shoulder
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine