When is it safe to put stuffed animals or dolls in the crib?

In brief: Wait...

I don't generally recommend any objects in the crib except your baby.
If you must i would at least wait until over one year in age, probably closer to two years. After one year the risk of sids is greatly diminished but i would recommend a longer period of time.

In brief: Wait...

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Stuffed animals

It is usually safe to have a stuffed animal in the crib at 6-7 months.
Make sure the stuffedanimal is not to small so the child could choke on. Also make sure that there no small attachments sewn on the animal like eyes or buttons. Another consideration is if your child is allergic furry animals might cause running nosesand cough.

In brief: Stuffed animals

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick