I like one glass of wine with dinner. Am I an alcoholic and/or risking my child's health?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Pregnant?
If that glass is 5 ounces, which defines one drink of wine, then unlikely and probably has some modest health benefits.
Now if your are referring to your unborn child, then yes you may be risking your childs health and should not drink period.

In brief: Pregnant?
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Robert Benner
In brief: Safety unclear
Fetal alcohol syndrome is usually linked to heavy alcohol intake.
As alcohol is known to cause adverse effects on developing brains, minimizing exposure of the fetus is important. We do not know the safe level, or even if there is a safe amount that can be consumed. Therefore, the recommendation is to avoid routine alcohol use during the entire pregnancy.

In brief: Safety unclear
Dr. Robert Benner
Dr. Robert Benner