What sort of disorder is an essential tremor?

Tremor. Essential tremor: is a tremor at rest. Usually on both side involving the hands, wrists, lower extremity, head, or voice. Tend to be familiar. Propranolol (inderal) may help.
Essential tremor. ET is a condition that causes involuntary movement. It may affect the head or the hands, in most cases. It may affect family members. Many cases are benign, and sometimes not noticeable to people who have this. Some cases are resistant to medical treatment. A deep brain stimulator is sometimes helpful. Http://www. Neurocuro. Com/essential-tremor/
Movement disorder. Essential tremor is an involuntary movement disorder. It is an action tremor which means when one is doing something the tremor worsens as opposed to when the muscle is at rest. The most common locations are the arms and the neck. Oftentimes it affects both arms (vs. Early parkinson disease which is usually markedly asymmetrical. About 50% of patients receive significant benefit from alcohol.