Can my primary care physician prescribe me adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)
Sure, as long as monthly monitoring is done, and pcp comfortable prescribing controlled substamces for limited time.

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Robert Duhaney
He or she can do this for you once an evaluation of the need for adhd medication is made.
A typical scenario is the following: scripts are provided monthly from the pcp office on a special script called a "triplicate" or controlled substance script. Also, an in-person visit every 3-4 months is needed to monitor effectiveness of the medication, blood pressure, heart rate, and any side effects.

Dr. Robert Duhaney
Dr. Robert Duhaney
In brief: If you primary
Therapist is familiar with prescribing this medication and feels comfortable with same.

In brief: If you primary