What sort of disease is complex regional pain syndrome?

Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management
In brief: Nerve disorder
Some times an injury turns the nervous system into over-drive.
Things that should not be painful are! getting care sooner from someone who lnows what can help is best. I tell my patients who suffer from crps to keep using the affected extremity as normally as possible despite the pain. This really helps normalize things.

In brief: Nerve disorder
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Sean MacKenzie
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Painful
Crps is a poorly understood disorder characterized by significant pain, more than should be present after an injury, typically in the hand or foot.
There is often swelling, sweating, color and temperature abnormalities and sensitivity to touch. It is thought to be a problem of the sympathetic nervous system - the nerves that regulated blood pressure, heart rate and blood vessels.

In brief: Painful
Dr. Sean MacKenzie
Dr. Sean MacKenzie
Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management
In brief: CRPS
Complex regional pain syndrome (crps) is a form of chronic pain that usually affects extremity.
Crps typically develops after an injury, surgery, but the pain is out of proportion to the severity of the initial injury.

In brief: CRPS
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Eric Weisman