Doctors can you tell me how often should a neurologist do an MRI on a patient with multiple sclerosis?

In brief: Varies

If a patient is stable, can do once yearly.
If patient is worsening, having relapses, and there is a question of using a new medication, could consider every 6 months or even on an as needed basis. No two ms pts are similar, so it does vary.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Controversial

There is no generally accepted answer. Some neurologists do them every year or two.
I vary it by patient, severity of disease, treatment changes. The only rule I have is if you're on tysabri (natalizumab) I do it every year.

In brief: Controversial

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Eric Weisman