What sort of disease is chronic bronchitis?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: COPD...

Chronic bronchitis is a form of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or copd.
It is typically caused by smoking and it is slowly progressive. There is no cure but there are treatments available. The best treatment and prevention is smoking cessation.

In brief: COPD...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Shabbir Hossain

In brief: Smokers lung

The official term for lung disease associated with smoking is copd.
Chronic obstructive lung disease. There's two different elements to it. One is emphysema where basically your lung anatomy is damaged. The other part of it is chronic bronchitis, characterized by coughing, mucus production for long periods of time. To me, it's a sign your breathing system is hurting. Gotta stop smoking!

In brief: Smokers lung

Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology