Could you tell me if my toenail fungus is cured will the nail get thin and normal?

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: It might.

The reason you hear so many different treatments for toenail fungus is because there is no perfect, sure-fire treatment that works 100% of the time.
No one can guarantee your nail will return to "normal" after treatment for a fungus.

In brief: It might.

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Leo Krawetz
The cure is temporary. Nail fungus is chronic and will continually return Fter treatment. Sorry to break the news!

In brief: Not always

If the fungus was in the nail for a long time and damaged the way nail grows it might not come back the same even though the fungus is dead.

In brief: Not always

Dr. Jonathan Posner
Dr. Jonathan Posner

In brief: Not always

If any trauma to nail matrix occurred then it could grow out abnormaly.
Matrix is the growth center of the nail.

In brief: Not always

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman