What kind of condition is diaper rash?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: It's a rash

Diaper rash is any rash, usually from irritation from skin contact with urine and feces, that occurs in the diaper area.

In brief: It's a rash

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Michael Jones

In brief: Zinc Oxide

After cleaning babies bottom allow to air dry completely before applying a barrier cream such as desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) to keep the moisture away from the skin.
I recommend this with each diaper change while rash persists. If it is particularly irritated you could also add a small amount of over-the-counter Hydrocortisone along with the barrier cream after diaper changes.

In brief: Zinc Oxide

Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Cindy Juster