What kind of condition is a blood clot in the legs or pelvis (d.V.T.)?

DVT. Blood vessels in the leg are generally divided into arteries which carry blood away from the heart and veins which carry blood back to the heart. Arterial clots can cause decreased oxygen downstream leading to pain, gangrene and even amputation. Venous clots can cause leg swelling/pain, and these clots can also travel through the heart to the lungs causing shortness of breath, pain, and even death.
DVT. Blood is a red liquid normally held within arte4ries and veins. It has to be able to clot normally to prevent leakage through small damages. If it clots more than normally, the clots can clog veins and arteries causing serious problems from damage to organs. Deep veins lead to the lung arteries and clots can travel to the lungs causing a serious and many times fatal pulmonary embolism.
Serious. Blood clots in the legs or pelvis that break off and travel to the lungs (pulmonary embolus) can be fatal.