Explain the condition called a birth defect.?

Varies. There are many defects that could be present at the time of birth (genetic, structural, developmental, etc) that would be included in the list of birth defects - that is far too numerous to list here. Essentially anything that is not normal at the time of birth could be a "birth defect".
Defective @ birth. If its wrong at birth its a birth defect. A birth defect can be a : malformation- abnormal tissue formation like a cleft palate; deformation- the shrink wrap effect of pregnancy causing a transient distortion in facial features, leg position, etc.; disruption- a blood clot causes a forearm to lose its blood supply and wither or amnionic bands cause loss of toes.