Describe the features of a breast lump.?

"Different" A breast lump is best defined as breast tissue that feels distinctly different than one's normal breast. Many lumps are just variants of normal "lumpy-bumpy" breast tissue, or could represent a cyst; however, some may represent a tumor, which could be benign or malignant. Malignant tumors tend to be rock-hard, non-mobile, occasionally with overlying skin changes. Bottom line: new lump=see dr.
3 dimensional. A lump should be a 3 dimensional mass in the breast that does not feel like the surrounding tissue. It can be hard or soft, round or irregular. It can be attached to the skin or muscle or feel movable in the breast.