Can I take the pseudoephedrine that is behind the pharmacy counter, or is that too strong of a dose?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Most pharmacies in most states now keep products containing Pseudoephedrine behind the counter but it is still an over the counter medication that does not require a prescription.
It is hidden so it can not be purchased in large quantities by drug dealers who chemically alter it it to manufacture and sell illegal methamphetamine.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Yes, but
Before you decide to buy peduoephedrine, please discuss any other medications you may be taking with the pharmacist, especially if you are taking medications for high blood pressure.

In brief: Yes, but
Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
I would stick to the over the counter pseudoephedrine.

In brief: No
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine