What is the best over-the-counter anti inflammatory?

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Nsaids

There is really no best over the counter nsaid.
Ibuprofen comes in many varieties such as motrin, advil, nuprin etc while Aleve (naproxen) is the otc variety of naprosyn. Aleve (naproxen) probably works a little faster but is more likely to irritate your stomach. There are prescription nsaids which are less likely to bother your stomach.

In brief: Nsaids

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management

In brief: The one that works!

That answer holds true for a lot of medication management.
There is a reason there are so many similar medication on the market. Some people respond differently to different things. Try them. I do believe the ones that are enteric coated seem to be well tolerated by the stomach usually.

In brief: The one that works!

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Vikram Patel