I have a pulsating pain at the base of my tooth. Advil (ibuprofen) helps but only temporary. I am concerned that I may have an infection. What medicine or treatme?

Dr. Michael Mirochna

In brief: Seek a dentist

This certainly sounds like it could be an infection.
Treatment can be with antibiotics and may require dental work. I'd advise seeing your doctor and or dentist asap.

In brief: Seek a dentist

Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna

In brief: C dentist

U have an abcess most likely and probably will not get complete relief otherwise.

In brief: C dentist

Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Theodore Ritota
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: See a dentist.

Before the pain gets much worse, i strongly recommend seeing a dentist for proper diagnosis of the problem. There is no medication that will cure the problem. Pain medication only masks the problem and as the problem worsens, the pain meds will become ineffective.

In brief: See a dentist.

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Vikram Patel