I got a rash that was red and hot on my face and that was my only symptom. Its happened twice in the past 4 months. What could it be?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Rosacea

I'm guessing rosacea, but it could be a drug eruption or a few other things.
Next time it happens, get thee to a dermatologist quickly and find out for sure.

In brief: Rosacea

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Facial rash

It is difficult to give any precise explanation without knowing more about the distribution.
In some cases this may be aggravated by diet or emotion or medications. Distribution around the nasal area may suggest acne rosacea whereas a butterfly pattern may indicate an autoimmune disease. Keep an eye on it and try to make correlations to your intake as well as the areas affected.

In brief: Facial rash

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik