Any problem taking the shingles vaccine?

Zostavax. Zostavax (Zoster Vaccine Live) isn't recommended if you are allergic to gelatin or neomycin, are taking high doses of steroids or have a compromised immune system. Not recommended if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or if you will handling a newborn. Possible side effects include injection site redness, swelling, itching, pain, heat or bruising. Headache may also occur.
No problems. The shingles vaccine isrecommended for patients over age 50. The vaccine does contain a weakened form of the zoster virus (the virus that causes chickenpox and shingles), so there is a risk of transmitting the virus to those with weakened immune systems. The vaccine decreases the risk of shingles by about 50%, & helps decrease the episodes of pain that remain after the shingle rash resolves.
Not serious. There are sometimes small, localized side effects at the injection site such as redness, tenderness, swelling and potentially a headache. Overall, it is a safe vaccine. But, you should not take it if you are allergic to any of its components or neomycin and gelatin. Also, those who are immunocompromised should not get the vaccine.