I've gone to 4 diff docs about my lymph nodes and they all dismiss them as fine bc their soft and moveable. I have one that'2.5cm. What do y'all sugge?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Lighten up
Four doctors have examined your nodes and found them to be not significant.
That is a pretty good sampling of opinion. Why does this obsess you? Did a member of your family or a close friend have a disease which started with detection of abnormal nodes? If you wander around enough, you will find someone who wil cave and do a biopsy - but why? Since it seems it will be normal.

In brief: Lighten up
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Michael Jones
In brief: Biopsy
My rule of thumb for a persisting enlarged lymph node greater than 1 CM diameter, particularly if it remains nontender, is to have it biopsied.
This is especially true if there is no present signs or symptoms of infectious process. However i might try a course of antibiotics such as Dicloxacillin before doing this.

In brief: Biopsy
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology