How is cachexia corrected in prostate cancer?

Dr. Michael Mirochna
In brief: It is difficult
Cachexia from any cancer is difficult to treat.
Many reasons can lead to poor appetite, from apathy to lack of hunger or not even being able to taste foods well thus decreasing appetite. I'd recommend that you work with a dietician who is familiar with cancer patients. Protein calories seem to be quite important as well. I have not seen doctors use Megace (megestrol) an appetite stimulant in these cases.

In brief: It is difficult
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Robert Carroll
Nuclear Medicine
In brief: Treat Cancer
If cachexia is related to prostate cancer, it may improve with effective cancer treatment & good nutrition & exercise.

In brief: Treat Cancer
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Robert Carroll
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
While I agree with Dr. Carroll, only very advanced and metastatic prostate can possibly do this, never newly diagnosed localized ProsCa. Bony pain and other bony meastases are usual, all cell types except the small cell variety.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil