A month ago my low back went out. After I saw a chirop I was able to stand up straight, but there is still pain - not getting better. What is next?

Dr. Daniel Chappell
In brief: Physical therapy
Lower back pain is very common.
There are many ways to treat it including medications, manual therapy, physical therapy, tens unit, ice, heat, exercise, injections, and lastly surgery (this should be the absolute last resort.).

In brief: Physical therapy
Lower back pain is very common.
Dr. Daniel Chappell
Dr. Daniel Chappell
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
In brief: See doctor
If you can take motrin, start 800 mg three times per day and make appointment with your doctor. Ask for trial of muscle relaxers in addition to motrin.
Consider physical therapy. Since you had relief for awhile, which is promising, you may not need x-ray or further studies at this time.

In brief: See doctor
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Vicken Poochikian