At age 73, non diabetic, no meds, marine condition, can a quart of ice creme per day for months hurt the pancreas or start diabetes.?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: No and yes.

Diabetes is not caused by food but food can worsen diabetes.
Overweight promotes diabetes. So if you are not diabetic but eat too many calories that are going to increase your weight then you may develop diabetes if you have the genes.

In brief: No and yes.

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: When was last phys

Most pts that give me that history also omit the fact that they haven't seen a doctor or had a full physical in many years.
They often have abnormal labs , blood pressure etc without knowing it. If this is the case then i would like to have a updated head to toe exam before i would sign off on this unhealthy behavior.

In brief: When was last phys

Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Umesh Patel