I work atnight.I usualy go to gimn and then work.I usualy feel tired next day even sleeping 7hours.What can I do.Suplements food?

Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Poss. sleep disorder

You may have a sleep disorder like sleep apnea.
I would get evaluated by a sleep specialist.

In brief: Poss. sleep disorder

Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Night shift symptoms

Working a night shift affects all of your body's natural rhythma, particularly sleep.
It takes several weeks to adjust to a new schedule. Thus, if this is a recent change for you, just wait longer to make the adjustment. If symptoms are persistent, then practice some relaxation behaviors (reading, meditation, music, yoga, etc.) when you come home and before you go to sleep. Best to avoid eating.

In brief: Night shift symptoms

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Allison Greco
General Practice

In brief: A few suggestions

The human body is wired to sleep at night and be productive during the day.
It is not uncommon for shift workers to experience trouble with sleepiness. One suggestion is to expose yourself to bright light after waking up. Your doctor may suggest supplements like melatonin, which is normally produced in the body before sleep, to help you fall asleep. Exercise is not as likely to be the cause.

In brief: A few suggestions

Allison Greco
Allison Greco
Answer assisted by Allison Greco, Medical Student
Dr. Adam Smith