Will drinking extra water temporarily reduce the pain form a kidney stone?

It might. The idea behind increasing your fluid intake is that it puts more fluid through the ureter, which is where the stone usually gets stuck. With more fluid, the ureter dilates and the stone may pass through more easily. Most of the time, narcotics are necessary to control the pain and may help relax the ureter to get the stone to pass too.
Not sure. But it helps in some cases to push the stones through your gu tract. Ask your urologist.