Can there be a psychological disorder related to bloodlust or extreme violence?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Real or fictional?

If the attraction is to actual violent acts it is a matter of public safety and criminal behavior. An underlying psychological disorder may be important, but secondary.
If drawn to violent film & books only, it still may not be a good way to live - especially if it is compulsive - but that may be a matter if taste and nobody's business but one's own. I'd be scared. Ask yourself how you feel?

In brief: Real or fictional?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
2 comments
Dr. Herbert Popolow
Sometimes a psychological disorder is involved in violent fantasies and/or behavior. Go to a Psychologist or Psychiatrist for proper diagnosis. Just asking the question is a step in the right direction.
Dr. Kathryn Seifert
Violence and Mental Illness are two separate categories of problems that can be related. Those with only mental illness are less likely to be violent than the average person. Those with both mental illness and substance abuse problems are more likely to be violent. If not in treatment, without support, low coping skills, narcissim and paranoia the risk of violence is higher yet.