How to rrelieve upper leg pain in 92 year woman with severe arthritis in both hips?

Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Injection
I assume the pain is related to hip arthritis and hip replacement surgery is not considered.
In such case an image-guided steroid hip injection may be at least temporary effective.

In brief: Injection
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management
In brief: This is difficult
Oa of the hips, if end-stage may best be treated with replacement, but @ 92 the operation is likely too much.
Nsaids are not a good choice in this age group. So, if therapy is not helpful, then pain meds, such an opiate may be the best solution. I have patients try aquatic (water) therapy in these cases. Talk to your doctor!

In brief: This is difficult
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
In brief: Pain elderly
Proper positioning on chair and bed with lumbar support (small pillow).
Fall precaution with devices like cane, walker etc. Streching legs and arms daily. Try to keep her out of bed as much as possible. Inactivity causes muscle wasting and weakness and pain.

In brief: Pain elderly
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Jane Van Dis