If my 1 year old daughter cries intensively at the same time every day for no apparent reason, is it colic? What can I do?

Dr. Garron Miller

In brief: No

No colic usually stops by 3-4 months of age.
I would recomend seeing your pediatrician.

In brief: No

Dr. Garron Miller
Dr. Garron Miller
2 comments
Dr. Allyson Pizzo-Berkey
Often this is simply being overtired. Many children still need 2 naps/day at that age.
I agree & do also with DR Pizzo-Berkey, in 3 decades of practice I find fatigue a common cause of baby fussiness. They don't seem to understand what sleep is or how it helps untill well into the second year.
Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: It's not colic

Colic is a term that is generally applied to newborns, up to 3 months or perhaps a little older. You will need to do some detective work to figure out why your daughter is crying every day at the same time.
How long does she cry for? Does she seem as though she is in pain? Is she tired or hungry or frustrated? Does she want your attention? What makes her stop crying? Good luck!

In brief: It's not colic

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: No

Let's investigate what happens throughout her day, there may be a connection to the crying.
Make an hourly chart, starting with 1 am, ending at 12pm. List everything that she does: sleep, eat, drink, wet/dirty diaper, who is present, etc. With a little detective work, you may be able to identify the source of her crying. I would encourage you to discuss this with your doctor.

In brief: No

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Shontae Buffington