What are the roles of herbs in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: None!

I do not know of any good herbs that can help you.
It is a serious problem and only a liver specialist(hepatologist) can help you with this problem.

In brief: None!

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha

In brief: Do not search

Agree with dr lehga, alternative therapies are of no value once liver failure has occurred and brain consequences ensue.
However, several patients have suffered liver damage due to usage of chinese herbal preparations, some of which were contaminated. Treatment of chronic liver disease is complex and should be closely followed by a gastro-enterologist.

In brief: Do not search

Dr. Eric Weisman