My doctor says I might have a heart murmur. Will this effect my performance in track?

Depends. A heart murmur is the sound that blood makes when it flows through the heart. Most heart murmurs are normal sounds ("innocent" murmurs), which occur in about 40% of children and would have no effect on athletics. Murmurs can also be caused by malformations of the heart, which occur in about 1% of children and rarely do impact athletics. Your pediatrician or a cardiologist can let you know.
Needs evaluation. Murmurs occur when blood moves thru the heart. Some are due to blood that flows thru a valve that is narrowed or doesn't open fully. Others happen if blood moves backwards thru a valve that has closed. Unfound holes in the septum are also a cause. Causes range from benign to serious and all need evaluation. A serious murmur can result in poor sports performance or death under extreme circustances.