Can you please discuss the over-the-counter sleep aids I could use to help me fall asleep at night?

Sleep aid. You can try using melatonin as directed. Diphenhydramine (benadryl (diphenhydramine) like) will only work temporarily since your body will gradually adjust to this side effect. Most importantly avoid eating or drinking anything with caffeine after 5 pm. This includes tea and chocolate. Taking a hot shower in the evening will help you relax and the cooling effect will help your body signals to promote sleep.