What clothes are best for my baby to sleep in?

Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Close fitting

Make sure the baby's sleep clothes fit well and are approved as sleepwear..
.This usually means that they are made of special fire resistant materials. Avoid extremely loose clothes that may get tangled.

In brief: Close fitting

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Temperature decides

The clothing should fit well, allow for movement, and be temperature appropriate.
Use your best judgement with layers, generally one layer more than what you are wearing to sleep.

In brief: Temperature decides

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Lisa Roberts

In brief: A onesie!

Gosh if i knew the answer to this with my first baby, i would have saved a lot of money! babies don't need to be dressed up fancy in the first few months.
In fact, some baby clothes may be uncomfortable to newborns. A comfortable, cotton onesie is really all she needs to sleep in. If it is cool in the house, purchase one that covers the arms, legs and toes.

In brief: A onesie!

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Shontae Buffington