Could you tell me what are alternative treatments for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis besides medication?

Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Let the buyer beware

I don't know a lot about alternative treatments for jra, but i see lots of patients that missed their opportunity to prevent permanent joint damage when very effective medications are available.
That's very sad, especially for young patients.

In brief: Let the buyer beware

Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: JRA

Gold, methotrexate, biologic drugs are actually proven to work and prevent severe joint damage.
Vitamins, and snake oils, hypnosis, and even acupuncture my temporarily seem to help pain, but that is a placebo response ie the patient believes the medicine helps and fells a little better, but no long term benefits accrue.

In brief: JRA

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Cindy Juster