I have anxiety but I don't get panic attacks can I still get prescribed Xanax (alprazolam) for that?

Possible Treatment. Yes, xanax (alprazolam) is a possible treatment for generalized anxiety. However, there is potential dependence with long-term use of xanax (alprazolam). You will want to discuss your options with your physician.
Maybe. Xanax (alprazolam) is a short-term treatment for the symptoms of anxiety. Your best course would be to talk to your doctor or a psychiatrist for a thorough evaluation of your symptoms.
Avoid Xanax (alprazolam) Your interest in getting xanax (alprazolam) is concerning. Alprazolam is one of the most addictive and abused psychotropic medications on the market. If you are having anxiety, there are many effective options other than xanax, which is never a good long-term solution to the problem of anxiety.