I just found out my 2 year old has a heart murmur. What can I expect in the near future?

In brief: Usually Benign

I think almost every kid I have seen long term has had a murmur at some point.
Murmur just means an extra sound, usually vibration from blood flow. It can amplify with fever or even be normal flow in veins of the neck.If at a typical location & of usual quality ur doc may just list it in the chart & assess it at future visits.If it had greater meaning u should have been informed at the time.

In brief: Usually Benign

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Murmur in children

Heart murmurs are common in children, most of the time does not mean anything important.
If the type of murmur suggest to the dr. The possinility of a significant anomaly then an echocardiogram may clarify the diagnosis.

In brief: Murmur in children

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Umesh Patel