I prefer the new mouthwashes that don't use alcohol, are they just as effective?

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dentistry

Mouth wash is an adjunct to your main oral hygiene regimen (brushing and flossing).
They are not required. Nonalcohol mouthwash is good for people with dry mouth, burning mouth syndrome, lichen planus, oral lupus, etc... Biotene is a common nonalcohol mouthwash and widely use.

Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Mouthwash

Ask dentists! md do not know everything.

In brief: Mouthwash

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw

In brief: Possibly...

But good dental hygiene consists of flossing and brushing with an effective dentifrice.
And the use of a mouthwash is not an effective substitute and probably not much of a supplement either. Furthermore, the long-term effects of alcohol-containing mouthwash has been the subject of concern over recent years expressed by the maxillofacial college . I think your preference is an excellent idea.

In brief: Possibly...

Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. William Banks Hinshaw
Dr. Peter Kurzweil