What should I expect regarding stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to the liver?

Still treatable. There are many chemo options available. If it is stage 4 by virtue of minimal liver involvement-there is good medical data to talk with a liver surgeon to discuss removal of that portion of the liver. If there are other spots of tumor spread in the body, then chemotherapy and hormone suppression therapy are the mainstays of treatment. Focal radiation can help bone pain.
Many options. Even though this is incurable there are many treatment options. A series of chemotherapy treatments can be utilised and trial drugs are also an option. Every effort needs to be made to address other issues such as preserving liver function and supporting nutrition, pain control, etc.
Hard fight. This is obviously an aggressive tumor and you will need all your strength to fight it. Options do exist and discuss with a good cancer doctor.
Chronic treatment. Breast cancer in the liver means it is metastatic and cannot be cured. Therapy exists making this a chronic disease and there are people on therapy for many years, although breast cancer usually wins in the end. It is hopeful if this is the only location for metastatic lesions and also hopeful if it is hormone sensitive. Your oncologist can tell you this.