I have always heard that sleeping with a bra on can cause breast cancer, is this true?

No. It is not true that sleeping with a bra on causes breast cancer. It's good for your breasts to have good circulation, like all parts of your body, so wear a bra that fits well and does not bind you anywhere.
No. This was invented by a lone anti-brassiere crackpot in the mid-1990's. It's now all over the internet. It's simply made up. Ignore it.
Absolutely not. Whether you wear a bra all the time, or none of the time, or anything in between - has nothing tyo do with developing breast cancer.
No. There has been no scientific evidence that sleeping with a bra on causes cancer of any kind, including breast cancer.