Will brushing my teeth more often help to get rid of the metallic taste in my mouth?

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Possible

Dysgeusia ) is the scientific term for a metallic taste in the mouth.
This problem has several possible causes. Medications, medical or dental conditions, as well as environmental factors can be the culprit. Determining the cause, when possible, is helpful in eliminating or treating the problem. I would contact your health care provider if this has been happening for a while.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe-it all depends

It all depends on where the taste is coming from. Bad taste, called dysgeusia, could occur from medications like Flagyl or clarithromycin, or from gum disease.
Bacterial deposits could also create a bad taste, so a visit to the dentist is required to identify the cause. Make sure you are drinking enough water, too.

In brief: Maybe-it all depends

Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dr. Heidi Nelson
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: It might

It might. Try it and see if it helps.

In brief: It might

It might. Try it and see if it helps.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. William Forsythe