I am currently doing radiation therapy for breast cancer. What kind of deodorant can I use?

Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Ask your rad doc

Ask your radiation oncologist or the therapist.
They get this question a lot. It depends on where the radiation fields are located, your reaction to the radiation, and the doc's personal preferences. You want to avoid irritation.

In brief: Ask your rad doc

Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: None

The effects of radiation alter the skin.
The skin can become irritated itself by the radiation. Today there is much less likelihood of "burns". But, still washing yourself with a mild antibacterial soap and gently drying the area is the most you can do; unless the radiation oncologist tells you a different method. The skin is sensitive.

In brief: None

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Adam Smith