Is rinsing with vinegar good for tooth ache ?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Tooth pain

See a dentist asap for your tooth pain.
Rinsing with vinegar will not cure your problem. Saltwater. Rinse may help ease some pain until you get to a dentist.

In brief: Tooth pain

See a dentist asap for your tooth pain.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: No

There are a lot of possible causes for a toothache, none of which would be improved by rinsing with vinegar. It is best to see your dentist and determine what the source of your pain is.

In brief: No

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Nonsense

There are home remedy sites all over the internet that give nonsense solutions and using vinegar to treat a toothache is one of those ridiculous solutions! Perhaps I should stop using all my sophisticated instruments, techniques and supplies and just buy a vat of vinegar to cure toothaches.
That would make my life a lot simpler. Sorry, toothaches require a dentist to diagnose and treat.

In brief: Nonsense

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: No, never, EVER!

Not sure where you came up with this one, but rinsing with acid (vinegar is acetic acid) is horrible for teeth.
Acid is the responsible culprit for all types of tooth decay. Acid dissolves mineral deposits (your tooth is a calcium deposit). Normal mouth ph is ~7.2-7.4. Vinegar is ~5% Acetic Acid solution is ~ph 2.4. Tooth structure dissolves below ph 5.5. Call dentist for real cures.

In brief: No, never, EVER!

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Dave Burns
Dentistry

In brief: Temporary solution i

Vinegar will not help your pain because you must treat the cause which is a diseased nerve not the symptoms.

In brief: Temporary solution i

Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. Dave Burns
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine