What would happen if I missed and accidentally injected myself with my cat's insulin?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Too many variables

It would depend a great deal upon what type of Insulin you were using, how much you injected, and how sensitive your body is to insulin.
Bottom line is that you could have a very serious low sugar reaction, and might need emergency medical care. If this were to happen you should call your doctor for more specific recommendations.

In brief: Too many variables

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Patrick Melder
If this were to occur - agree with above... but if it really happens... drink some orange juice/ get some glucose in your blood stream... if the insulin doesn't make it into your system... no harm no foul - your body could deal with the glucose load; however, the body can't deal with hypoglycemia - so I would rather be safe than sorry.. load yourself with glucose and then call your doctor.
Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Prevention

People sometimes do mistakenly take their pets medications.
I recently had a patient who took their dogs thyroid medication! prevention is key! example, keeping the well marked and completely in a different location - like the garage or in pantry that you wouldnt store your consumable food products.

In brief: Prevention

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. William Forsythe