Is it possible for young people in their 20s or 30s to get Alzheimer's disease?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology
In brief: Very unlikely
Alzheimer's disease is not the only cause of dementia the typical alzheimer disease is highly unlikely in the age group you mention.

In brief: Very unlikely
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Eric Kelts
Neurology
In brief: Possible not likely
It would be very unusual for someone in his/her 20s or 30s to get Alzheimer's disease.
However, there are many reasons for memory issues in someone that age--vitamin deficiency, alcohol, hypothyroidism, head trauma, drugs (Rx or other), etc. If you are worried, I would talk with your primary or go to a neurologist. Take care and stay healthy!

In brief: Possible not likely
Dr. Eric Kelts
Dr. Eric Kelts
Less likely though. Other causes or diseases have to be considered.

Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Eric Weisman