Is there anyway to get rid of strep throat without going to a doctor for anitbiotics?

No. Dr. Diamond is right: take no chances.
Take No Chances. Untreated strep throat in rare cases can cause serious complications. These include rheumatic heart disease which generally is permanent damage. There is a window of a week or so where treatment with appropriate antibiotics will prevent this problem. See your doctor for proper diagnosis.
No. Strep throat absolutely must be treated with antibiotics. Not only are antibiotics needed to clear the throat infection, but they are vital to the prevention of more serious complications that are potentially lethal. Untreated strep can result in kidney inflammation and failure (post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis) or rheumatic fever which can seriously affect heart valves.