Can sleeping with earplugs create risks such as not hearing smoke detectors and alarms?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Depends
If you can hear your alarm clock with your earplugs in, then i would assume you could hear the smoke detector which is usually louder. I suppose, to be absolutely safe, you could arrange for someone to set it off while you are sleeping.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Why earplugs?
Why do you wear earplugs? Do most sounds at night keep you awake? You could maybe get some type of smoke alarm with flashing lights if it is a concern.
Maybe train your self to use a sound machine without using ear plugs.

In brief: Why earplugs?
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. William Forsythe