Can I take Excedrin for a migraine or should I try something with no acetomenophine?

Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Pure aspirin is best
Throughout the ages the best treatment for migraine has been simple aspirin.
But use enough. Excedrin migraine has low dose Aspirin plus tylenol (acetaminophen) plus high dose caffeine. Better to use pure meds adjusted to you. Can start with 650mg asa or even 975mg at onset with a caffeine drink. May add 1000mg tylenol (acetaminophen) if needed. Sumatriptan plus naprosyn works well for some.

In brief: Pure aspirin is best
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
Occasional acetominophen use is ok.
Excedrin has Aspirin in it which you should try to avoid in pregnancy unless specifically instructed by your doctor to take it.

In brief: No
Occasional acetominophen use is ok.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Vikram Patel