My hemoglobin level is increased every time.So what is the best solution to reduce the increase in hemoglobin level?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Why?

The question is really -- "why is my HGB increasing?" if you live at high alititudes the oxygen level is decreased and the body produces for erythropoietin (epo) to increase HGB to allow more oxygen carrying capacity.
This is physiologic (normal). Smoking and sleep apnea can cause low oxygen states. If a negative sleep study and no smoking then can check epo level and jak2 testing to rule out pv.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Arnon Rubin