I have a crown that is feels bulky. And on top of that crown my gums feels sensitive, what does this mean

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Possibilities are-

It might feel bulky because it is bulky or because the temporary crown or previous tooth was under -contoured by comparison.
The gums may feel sensitive from the recent dental work, gum inflammation from poor plaque control, a bite problem, or from the crown that is irritating the gums. Have your dentist examine you and discuss these issues with you.

In brief: Possibilities are-

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Bite may be off

Hard to tell exactly, but the crown may be overcontoured or your bite may be too high.
Have your dentist take a look.

In brief: Bite may be off

Have your dentist take a look.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry

In brief: Overcontour?

It is possible that the crown is overcontoured.
Did you discuss this with the dentist who made it, or your current dentist? Overcontoured crowns can cause gum irritation.

In brief: Overcontour?

Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Steven Seres